So yesterday I wrote an article about the conditional support of MathJax in my posts here on the blog. The post required MathJax since I deliberately put an equation in it. Today I noticed that viewing that post in Chrome led to the equation being rendered three times across the page:
Even refreshing the page didn’t solve the issue. A mild bit of panic later – Does it work in FireFox? Yes. In Internet Explorer? Yes. In Safari on the Mac? Yes. On an iPad? Yes. – it was time for a bit more research.
It turns out that MathJax was updated to v2.5 on January 30, 2015 and I’d coded the
<script> element to download the latest version:
And there in the PR report about it was the hint:
If you are using the
mathjax/latestaddress you might get a mixture of files in your browser cache, and so may need to clear your browser cache and for some browsers (e.g., Chrome) restart your browser in order to get a consistent version of all files.
I opened Chrome’s History page, clicked the Clear browsing data… button, made sure the Cached images and files option was checked, and cleared the browsing data. I restarted Chrome and everything worked as it should have.
Phew! Saved, at least until the next time…
Feel free to add a comment...
Leave a response
Note: some MarkDown is allowed, but HTML is not. Expand to show what's available.
* an item
1. an item
> Now is the time...
Preview of response